Thursday, December 18, 2008

Getting ready to Parrrtay!

Hi all! Just stopping by for a quick post before going out with some friends tonight. I'm meeting up with Brenda, Dawn, Dalene, and hopefully Penny. We're starting out at one of the stamp stores in the area, visiting 2 more, and then finishing off the evening with dinner. Doesn't that sound like fun? I've been watching the clock all day just like a little kid! Is it time yet????
Anyway, I had made this card last night. I can't believe I'm still trying to get my cards finished. And I've only sent out 4 so far. Yikes!! I better get on the stick here and get finished up.
I love this Holy Triptych set. I loaned it out to a friend earlier. When I got it back I was already going full tilt with other sets and ideas. Figured it was time to get it out and try this idea that's been noodling around in my brain. I wanted something muted and then went off on a tangent with Riding Hood Red and the chocolate Holiday Treasures DSP. Maybe I need to start over and see what I get the next time. All materials and stamps from SU! except where noted.
Stamps: Holy Triptych, and an old word stamp with no make on it
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, and DSP Holiday Treasures
Ink: Basic Chocolate, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom, So Saffron
Accessories: Big Shot, Sizzix Bigz Top Note Die, Sizzix Square Scallop Frame w/ Holly Die, Sponge quarter, and my every - ready Aqua Painter.
I can't decide if it should be taken apart and the pieces scavenged to make other cards, or leave as is. Any suggestions? Does the pastel focal point get lost in the darker surroundings? Help...
Thanks so much...
Sharon

No comments: