Monday, December 15, 2008

Cold and blowy outside, but warm inside!

I can't believe how strange the weather around here has been lately. This morning it was actually in the 50's, but it's been slowly (or maybe quickly) falling all day. The weather channel says it's supposed to get down to 16 degrees late tonight. Brrrrrrrrr! When I'm down working in the craft dungeon, it's easy to tell when the temps are dropping as it gets just a little chilly down here. First I get my fleecy jacket to wear, then I get too hot and off it comes. Then the goosebumps reappear and the jacket goes back on. This has been going on for the last couple of hours. Since I have a pot of yummy chili on the stove, that aught to warm my innards up quite nicely. So I better get on with this post so I can have dinner! Yummmmm...
There were a few cards I had started and not gotten too far on. I had actually embossed the Bella Toile layer awhile back and never really was happy using it anywhere. It was too pretty to hide, but what to use it for?? I remembered seeing something done several weeks ago using the Felt Flurries, so I got out my toys to play. Didn't this turn out perfect for a cold, blowy day?
All stamps and materials are by SU! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Bella Toile, and Holidays & Wishes
Ink: Encore Teal Ultimate Metallic (retired) and Stazon Jet Black
Paper: Baja Breeze and Whisper White
Accessories: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder,
Little Felt Flurries, Ice Square Rhinestone Brads, Baja Breeze Dbl-Stitched Wide Ribbon, and Stickles brand Diamond glitter.
I wish the Iridescent Ice showed up better in the pictures. The whole card sparkles like snowflakes in the sunshine. Add the glitter dots on the snowflakes and the teal rhinestone brad, and you've got some serious glittering going on. It's just too, too pretty. This one is for all the glitter queens out there for sure! Hope you like it and thanks for taking the time to look.
Now on to some yummy chili and warm up my tummy (and everything else too!) Have a good one....
Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Sharon! That metallic teal Encore pad goes beautifully with the Baja Breeze embellishments. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Diane Noble said...

Sharon, I love this card! I can definitely see the Iridescent Ice and it's gorgeous. That snow flake is the perfect complement to the card.

Thank you for your comment on my blog and for visiting my store. Still very much a work in progress...but it was fun to do. Appreciate your encouragement.

We have a bunch in common...the foremost being our faith in Christ, having two grown children (isn't that a blast!?), the addictions to stampin' and chocolate, and being SU demos.

Love your blog. I'm adding you to my favorites. Your blog has a very warm and inviting feel to it, and your artwork is great! So glad you left a trail for me to follow you here. Thanks again, and may your Christmas be blessed from above.