Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hi, it's me again!

What a week this has turned out to be - some good, some bad, and some I better keep my mouth shut about! This was class week here at the dungeon. Classes were held Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. They usually consist of cards and maybe something that's not a card every once in awhile just to keep me on my toes. This month, there wasn't a card in the bunch. How fun was that?! I had already posted one, the Gift Card Holder/Ornament, earlier back last month when I had found it and cased the idea. Just loved that one. In fact, there are several on my tree at this point.
Then as I was reading blogs and checking SCS and the SU! Demo website, there were so many awesome ideas out there that I went ahead and cased another one! I try not to do that very often. I feel if people are coming to my class then they expect me to come up with my own ideas for the class. But like I said, this month several project were pure cases from others. This skaters card/bag idea was found on Patty Bennett's blog. I thought it was one of the cutest and most different idea I'd seen in awhile. You can check her ideas out at this address: http://pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2008/12/top-note-die-goodie-bags-for-christmas.html
The stamps and materials were 99% Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Winter Post and Lovely As A Tree
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Papers: Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla
Accessories: Big Shot and Bigz Top Note Die, Sponge Dauber, Word Window Punch, and a small non-SU! white sack.
Isn't this just the cutest little thing you've ever seen? It could hold candy, gift card, or even a small gift - just perfect for a pair of earring or bracelet don't cha think? Of course, chocolate would always be a grand gift to put in the bag.

Ok, on to the next project. Do any of you demos out there have a few die-cut boxes left from when we carried them? Well, I had a few, ahem, well maybe alot of them left over. Don't remember what they were originally for, but they worked out great for this project!
Most materials from SU! (except the glitter and candycanes!)
Paper: Ruby Red cardstock and Holiday Treasures DSP
Accessories: Large Felt Flurries, Sticky Tape, Wire (retired), Tombow Multi Adhesive (for glueing on the snowflake), and Stickles Diamond glitter. I don't know why the glitter looks white in the photo. It really looks like glittery gold beads in real life.

Couldn't you just see this little box filled with home-made goodies, (like in chocolates) or even a few sprigs of evergreen to brighten up some little nook? I hope these ideas have inspired you as much as they inspired me. They were definitely fun to make. Now back to making some Christmas gifties! I feel like one of the elves!! (Too bad I don't look like one - ha ha!)
Sharon

1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

Love that skater card and the little candy cane container is so cute. Great idea.

Love your mantel decorations also. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.