Sunday, September 28, 2014

Halloween Holiday Home

First off, I want to thank all of you who have continued to check in here even when I wasn't up to blogging.  It's been hard lately dealing with everything going on, and I haven't been able to keep it all balanced and going forward for months now.   Hopefully I can start getting back in the groove and enjoying life again.  Ok, enough of that.  Now it's time to share some card ideas, right?  The card today is from a set in the Holiday Catalog that is so much fun.  It's such a versatile stamp set, it was hard to decide what to make first.  Hope you like this idea...

Stamps:  Holiday Home and Frightful Wreath
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Stazon Jet Black, and Craft White
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Big Shot with Homemade Holiday Framelits, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Sponge quarters, and a Post-It Note
Isn't this card fun?  The circle was punched from a Post-It Note and used to mask in the moon.  Both Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze were used to lightly sponge in the sky area so the moon would show.  Then the bats were stamped in - maybe too many??  Or maybe just enough.

The houses were stamped with White Craft ink then die-cut with the Homemade Holiday Framelits.  (love having framelits to match!!)

The inside sentiment I used is from the Frightful Wreath stamp set - nice big sentiments to fit across the whole card.

That's it for this easy Halloween card.  Next time I use the set, I'm thinking I'd like to try a Thanksgiving card.  We'll see.   Thanks for stopping in one more time to check on me.  Hopefully I'll be better equipped to post on a more regular basis.  Talk to you soon...        Sharon

No comments: