Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wondrous Autumn Wreath

My wonderful Hostess Club ladies met last week, and one of the stamp sets we worked with was the Wondrous Wreath.  One of my favorite plusses about this set is the framelit set that matches it.  Using both items together, it's so easy to layer on a wreath anytime.  I wouldn't want to cut out this wreath to make multiple cards, but now we don't have to!!  The first card I made with the set was for Thanksgiving.  This is a favorite holiday for me as it really sets the stage for our thankfulness for Christmas and all God has done for us.  We can never be too thankful!

 Stamps:  Wondrous Wreath and For All Things
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Elegant Eggplant
Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, and Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories:  Big Shot with Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies, Dazzling Details Glitter, Dimensionals, and a retired Purple Hemp Twine
I just love fall colors and this combo always seems so elegant to me.  So I thought it would be perfect for this lovely wreath.  When I was looking through my stash of ribbons and embellishments that I could use with this card, I came across some really old purple twine that has to be about 10 years old, but it was the perfect match.  No matter what else I tried on the card, this just worked the best.  So there you have it.  I was trying to use only current products on the card, but sometimes you just have to go with what works the best.

This stamp set is another of the photopolymer type, and was very easy to work with.  Each of the wreath layers and the framelits to cut out the wreath all have a tab on them for easy placement.  It really did work out well and was simple to do.  Thanks SU! for coming up with another winner!!

I can't wait to try out wreaths for all the seasons.  I'm sure this is one set I'll hold onto and use for a good many years to come!  Thanks for checking out what's new for today.  Hope to see you again soon.   Sharon

No comments: