Friday, July 25, 2014

Kinda Cool and Eclectic

Oh, I'm lovin' the new Kinda Eclectic stamp set.  Woo Hoo!  It's pretty fabulous if I do say so myself.  All of the pieces will work nicely with other stamps as lovely soft background additions  or boldly stand out as they do on this card.  Hope you like it!

Stamps:  Kinda Eclectic
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, and Whisper White
Accessories:  Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon, Pearls Basic Jewels, and Dimensionals
Don't you just love how the Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight colors go together to make such a "sunshiney" card?  It always makes me happy seeing these colors together!

This card actually used all but one of the stamps in the set.  I'll get around to using the gorgeous leaves on something else real soon.  They are just too pretty to ignore!

 I really love the dotty stamp border in this set.  I thought it might be hard to line up, but it was so easy with the clear-mount set I have.  Instead of adding more texture to the card with tons of layers or embossing, I just relied on the different textures in the stamps themselves.  Really cool if you ask me.  To change things up a bit, I decided to attach the layering at a slight angle to give it more eye-appeal.  Set on straight it looked just a little too staid.  Then I added a pop of pearl to the butterfly and it was good to go.
 
Hope you liked this idea.  I know I need to keep this set out on my table and play around a little more with it.   Enjoy!!    Sharon




No comments: