Thursday, April 4, 2013

Butterfly Emboss Resist

Oh my!  Have you ever stopped for a minute and wondered just how life got so out of control?  I keep thinking things are all getting done in a timely fashion and then wham!  Everything starts spinning out of control again.  Spent the past 8 days trying to get the cards prepped for making them for the soldiers this past Tuesday and also getting ready for classes next week.  So somehow the posts here just didn't get done.  Everything had to be finished early for classes because we're down in NC for my nieces wedding this weekend.  So now there's a few days to relax, spend time with family and catch up on my emails and posts here.  Who's crazy enough to travel with their catalogs and finished cards just to get some blog time in??  Oh well, enough of the chit-chat and on with today's card...

Stamps:  Swallowtail and French Foliage
Ink:  River Rock, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, and VersaMark
Paper:  Very Vanilla, More Mustard
Accessories:   Heat Tool, Gold Embossing Powder, Distressing Tool, Sponge Daubers


Have you stamped with this Swallowtail stamp yet?  It is so gorgeous and has such lovely detail.  Gold embossing makes the detail really stand out and shine.  When I do the emboss resist technique, I like the ink to bleed out beyond the lines.  Some of you have a really hard time with anything "outside the lines", but with this technique, that makes it look even better in my humble opinion.

Can you see the faint stamping in the background?  The two stamps from French Foliage that I used are the text and spatter.  These work very nicely on so many different cards as a delicate background that isn't intrusive.  And the River Rock ink is dark enough to see, but light enough to blend.

I might have gotten just a little carried away with the distressing, maybe.  But I like the heavily distressed look this has.  It's a nice counterpoint to the elegance of the gold-embossed butterfly.

Well, that's it for today.  Back to relaxing and visiting.  I could get used to this life, but I'd miss my little guys I see everyday.  We've only been gone 24 hours and already I miss my hugs and smooches!!  Talk to you soon....    Sharon

No comments: