Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dads and Ties

Or maybe not so much in the case of my hubby.  Never did like to wear ties, and never would if he could get away with it!  So maybe a card with ties he could never wear, but only look at would be perfect for this man of mine.  It's a tad early to be thinking of Father's Day cards, but this could be used for a birthday, or for whatever reason came up to tell your dad how wonderful he is.  And all dad's would appreciate that, wouldn't they?    Let's take a look and see what you think...

Stamps:  Best Dad Ever
Ink:  Lucky Limeade and Night of Navy markers
Paper:  Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, and Night of Navy
Accessories:   2011-2013 Designer Printed Brads, Piercing Tool and Mat, Tag Corner Punch(retired), and Dimensionals
This card ended up very clean and simple looking after several tries at something else.  Originally I had used multiple colors of Regals markers on the different ties.  The colors all went together fine, but it just looked too busy for my tastes.  I still wanted more that one color for the ties, so my compromise was making a navy one in the center and limeade for all the rest.  To me it looks so much more calm and dignified.  Or something like that anyway! grin 

I love the contrast of the circle brad which is at odds with all the other lines and angles on the card.  But the brad has a subtle windowpane check on it that carries through with everything else.

 I just had to dig out that retired punch to have the two corners mimic the bottom of the ties.  It didn't look finished without it!

So there you have it - a very clean and simple card for your dad (or hubby, depending what wording you choose).  Wonder if I could just use a marker to cross out the word dad and write in husband over it?  I think my hubby would get a kick out of me doing that to a card.  Think I'll give that a try...

Thanks for checking in today.  We made it back from the wedding late Sunday night, and we're getting back to a routine of sorts.  My niece's wedding was truly wonderful - maybe the best, most meaningful wedding I've ever gone to.  What a great foundation for the rest of their lives together!   That's it for today.  No telling what I'll have for you next as I skip around on the holidays.  I seem to have forgotten Mother's Day in there somehow.  Now I'll need to get going on that, won't I?
Many hugs, Sharon

No comments: