Friday, April 5, 2013

Paper Flowers

I'm in love!!!!  I finally tried using the Creped Filter Paper that's in the Mini Catalog.  What was I waiting for?!  This paper is just fabulous and so easy peasy to work with!!  Can you tell I'm just a little bit excited about this product?  Here's my first attempt with using this paper...
 
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Early Espresso and Calypso Coral
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, Creped Filter Paper
Accessories:   Big Shot with Blossom Party Originals Die, Delicate Details Lace Tape, In Color 2011-2013 Designer Printed Brads, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Sponge Dauber, Piercing Tool and Mat, and Dimensionals
This card has so much going for it with all the lacy and feminine details.  It all starts with the vintage-looking rose DSP.  That's where my inspiration came from.  I wanted to add the lace tape, but it needed the strip of cardstock behind it to make it show up nicely.

 Then comes the flower accent.  I wasn't sure how it would punch or cut, so I gave it a try.  I used all four layers and die-cut them together.  Used 3 sizes of flowers to make this one.  So all together I think there are 8-10 layers here.  The edges were very softly sponged with Calypso Coral to define them a little.  Loved the printed brad holding the flower together and adding a little more color.  Gotta tell you that even after being scrunched in my suitcase, the flower fluffs up so pretty.  I think these cards should come with a note to "play with the flowers - it's good therapy and makes them pretty!"  Squish, scrunch, fluff...

That's it for today.  Hope I can find time to post again tomorrow.  Hope you're all having a fabulous week.  I know I sure am enjoying the slightly-warmer-than-home weather down here.  And of course the visits with family members.  Happy stamping!  Sharon

No comments: