Monday, March 25, 2013

Oh, Whale Birthday

Seems like the birthday season is starting for us, so I've been scouting around for ideas for children's birthday cards.  I wanted something quick and easy, but that would look fun too.  Here's my simple card using the Oh, Whale! stamp set.  This set is so cute and I used it for a baby shower card last month.   But unfortunately, I gave the card away before taking a picture.  Now how silly is that?!  So before this card gets used next week, I got the picture taken right away!  Here we go...

Stamps:  Oh Whale!, and Word Play
Ink:  Pacific Point, Marina Mist, and Real Red
Paper:  Whisper White and Pacific Point cs, with Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Accessories: 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Brights Designer Buttons, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
It was fun trying to get this whale to fit into one of our circle punches.  He just barely fits, but that's just fine!  The idea of all the circles was to represent bubbles.  I wanted the water squirting out to be a lighter color, so I used Marina Mist.   Because this card is for a little boy, I wanted to use only bright, primary colors.   But didn't like the yellow button on the card, so switched it for the Old Olive one.  I added the Island Indigo Baker's Twine for a little extra fun.  Even though there are a lot of different blues used, the strip of DSP had so many different tones of blue so it all worked together fine.

I hope Benny likes his whale of a birthday card as much as I liked making it for him.  Have fun stamping with this little whale - it's a cutie!  Hope you have  great week!  Sharon

No comments: