Saturday, March 23, 2013

Everybunny and Shimmer Mist

Hi there!  What a time we've been having over here.  The 'cold of the month' has hit again and knocked us for a loop.  How is it possible to get a cold of some sort once a month for 5 months in a row?  It hits one of the little ones first, and then hubby and/or I get it another couple of days later.  This has got to stop soon 'cuz I just can't handle being under the weather and cancelling all the fun stuff we plan on doing!!  NOT FAIR!  Yes, that was me venting there.  Sorry!!  Anyway, back to why you're here.  This card was one of the cards made during class week that I had planned to share with you a week ago.  It uses one of my stamp sets from last year that is still in the current catalog.  Usually I'm using new products during class, but I know several of my students had purchased this set last year so it needed to get revamped and updated.  You know what I mean?  Here it is for your viewing pleasure...

Stamps:  Everybunny
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black pad, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, and Daffodil Delight re-inkers
Paper:  Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pool Party, So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink
Accessories:   Big Shot with Framed Tulips TIEF, Ovals Collection Framelits, Small Oval Punch, Frost White Shimmer Mist Paint, AquaPainter, Piercing Tool and Mat, Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack, and Dimensionals
The idea of mixing drops of re-inker into Shimmer Mist has been done before, in fact I might have done it sometime in the last bunch of years.  But it hasn't been done in the classes, so it was something new for the ladies.  The colors the bunny and shell were painted all had the Shimmer Mist base, some had heavier applications of paint to get a solid color.  I used only a dime-size amount of Shimmer Mist to 1 - 2 drops of ink color, except for the bunny.  The Crumb Cake was too light so I added another large drop to the mix.  That worked out nicely.

On my original card here, I didn't use any yellow when painting, but knew the ladies would want to, so I made a mixture of Shimmer Mist and Daffodil Delight re-inker to get a soft yellow shade.  The So Saffron re-ink looked too brownish to be pretty on this card, so it was disposed of properly by throwing out.

Another wonderful side note, as long as you keep your mixtures in an air-tight container (I used empty embossing powder containers), the paint mixtures are still wet and useable over a week later!  I just checked to be sure, and I'm quite surprised!  Think I'll make a couple more cards now that I've got some energy again.  I've got a few kids to send cards to and these would be perfect.

That's it for this message.  Glad you're not sitting any closer to me because I've been sneezing and coughing again while writing this.  Oh boy, guess I'm not quite over this like I was hoping.  At least you can't catch anything over the internet!!  Stay healthy and find some time to stamp - it's good therapy!
Sharon

No comments: