Monday, March 11, 2013

Ears to You Bunnies

Have you seen and stamped with this adorable single stamp called Ears to You yet?  If not, you don't know what you're missing!  These cute bunnies are all patterned differently and just a clean silhouette of each one, so they can be used in so many different ways.  The card today was going to be one of the class projects for this week until I realized I didn't have enough Pool Party cardstock or satin ribbon on hand.  Dog-gone it!  It's such a pretty card and I know everyone would have loved making it.  Oh, well.  I guess I'll just let them 'look' at it instead.  Aren't I nasty?  ha ha  Here you go.  You get to 'look' at it too!

Stamps:  Ears to You
Ink:  VersaMark, Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, and Shimmer White
Accessories:  Big Shot with Lacy Brocade TIEF, Heat Embossing Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge Daubers, Sycamore Street Ribbons and Buttons(SAB)

I took several pictures to try and show the lovely look of the Shimmer Paper underneath the sponging and embossing, but couldn't get it to show up.  Needless to say, this card is so ymmy and soft looking - just like pretty Easter candy colors.

The bunnies and sentiment were embossed first and color sponged over using the ink-resist technique.  Thought this would look nice because of each of the different prints on the bunnies.  Sponging over the embossing makes all the tiny details just pop.

I loved the texture of the Lacy Brocade embossing on the background.  It just fits with all the other prints.  And I can't imagine what I'll do when this pretty ribbon isn't available after Sale-A-Bration.  Boo hoo!  I think I need to get another order in before SAB is over on March 22nd.  Have to get me some more of this ribbon!!!

Thanks for stopping by.  I spent the weekend stamping and I've got lots to share with you, so come on back soon.  Happy stamping,    Sharon

No comments: