Monday, September 19, 2011

Welcome Ellie

My nephew and his wife had their second child arrive last week - a lovely little girl named Ellie. So of course I had to sit down and make a card to welcome her into the family! I wanted the card to at least look a bit like it went with the gift which was a cute little Tiger's cheerleader outfit and a big hair ribbon with a flower in orange and blue (Tiger's colors). Since it was for a baby, I wanted to keep the colors a softer shade though. Out came the retired Apricot Appeal cardstock and ink so it would be more little girlie girl. Here's the finished card...


Stamps: Pennant Parade and A Word for You

Cardstock: Apricot Appeal and Whisper White

Ink: Apricot Appeal, Baja Breeze, and Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Petite Pennants Builder Punch, Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Apricot Appeal 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals


I was so pleased that the card came out very delicate and sweet just like a new little baby girl. I'm sure her big brother Brooks is going to have fun teaching her all kinds of fun things! Hooray for big brothers and little sisters!


Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate any comments you might care to leave.

Sharon

No comments: