Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Forward!

Here it is late at night and I should be tucked up in bed. But I couldn't sleep tonight. Why is it when we're going to lose an hour with the time change tonight and I should be getting to bed early to get enough sleep, I can't keep my eyes closed? Arrrrrgh! So frustrating! So I figured if I wasn't going to sleep anyway, I might as well get a post on here.

I got a couple cards made while trying to figure out what the class projects were going to be for this week. I kept running into problems - like not enough ribbon or dsp to make all the cards, or being short a couple of brads in the right color. Do you ever run into that problem? It was giving me fits! But it did result in a few more samples to show the ladies at my next workshop coming up soon. So that's a good thing, isn't it? Anyway, I finally got my Easter set put together and started creating with it. Hope you like it....


Stamps: Easter Blossoms
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, and Confetti White
Ink: Pear Pizzazz
Accesssories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals







I love how subtle the flower stems look on the background because of the embossing. Makes it look sort of like toile fabric which I love.

Did you notice the cute little pearls in the basket? Does this make it look like eggs? Or could this card be used for something besides Easter because I didn't use any sentiment whatsoever on the front? I haven't decided yet if it will be for Easter or not. What do you think??

No matter the reason I choose to send this card, I think it'll be well received. The soft mono-chromatic colors give just a gentle reminder that spring is on it's way. And after the winter we've been having, this reminder is really needed!

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to change your clocks and watches forward!
Sharon

No comments: