Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Softly Thinking

Wow! I can't believe it's been over a week since I last sat here at my computer! It's amazing what a fever and spring cold will do to you. And none of it's good either!! Last Wednesday afternoon I had a slightly scratchy throat that I thought I should do something about - maybe drink oj or gargle or something. By evening I had a lovely fever and ached from the top of my head all the way down to the tips of my toes, and every inch in between too. Oh, yuuuuck! I still tried to babysit the grandbaby (that's where this bug came from BTW) on Thursday, but I had to have him picked up early because I just wasn't functioning by then. The fever lasted through Saturday and by Sunday I thought I'd been through the worst of it. But my hubby wasn't feeling wonderful by then. After babysitting on Monday, I was totally exhausted and then the coughing started. Yes, this thing is still hanging on. Hubby is still struggling and the grandbaby is still sniffling and wiping his snotty little nose on my shoulders. Oh, we're having so much fun! But even though I haven't been stamping at all, I do have a card to share with you. My hostess club ladies were here last Tuesday (before the germs attacked!) and we made some cute cards that I'd like to share with you. The card today uses the Every Moment stamp set which I think is so lovely. I've used it several times and shared with you, but I think maybe you'd like to see one more, right? Stamps: Every Moment and Sincere Salutations Cardstock: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Concord Crush, and Pink Pirouette, with Lap of Luxury Designer Series Paper Ink: Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Concord Crush, Sahara Sand, and Certainly Celery Accessories: AquaPainter, Scallop Border Punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, White Gel Pen, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (retired), and Dimensionals The sentiment was stamped with Concord Crush ink. I was surprised how very dark it looks, but can be very sheer when painted on the butterfly wings. The colors for the card were all chosen to match with the DSP. I keep thinking the pink and purple colors need a clear white cardstock to go with them and would never have chosen the vanilla myself. Now that I see them together, it looks much more soft and feminine than I would have thought. The gel pen added just enough brightness and pizzazz to the card. It seemed too dark and just a little boring without it. So there you have it. Sorry for the extra long wait. Hopefully I'll be better rested tomorrow night to add the other card we made at Hostess Club. Thanks so much for checking in today. I appreciate you stopping by so very much! Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Sorry you were under the weather-hope you are feeling better! Love the card! Your coloring is just right!