Monday, March 14, 2011

Bright Cupcake Card

Hi there! Today I was in a gray mood and got out the new Ice Cream Parlor DSP to cheer me up. The colors and patterns are so bright and cheerful, I just knew they'd do the trick! These are not colors that I'd normally choose to use together, but they're all on the paper so why not? Usually if I use alot of one bright color, I offset the brightness with some more subdued colors. Or just use a small amount of bright for a little pizzazz. But not on this card - it's so bright I almost need my sunglasses on! lol See what I mean?

Stamps: On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, with Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper, and Red Glimmer Paper
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Build A Cupcake Punch, Decorative Label Extra-Large Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, and Dimensionals







I think this might be one of the fastest cards I've ever made! When all the detail on the card is punched and layered up, it takes really no time at all. And it definitely is bright and cheerful! Like I said, you almost need sunglasses! But that's what makes this card so fun. Can't you just imagine sending this to a child on your card list, or maybe someone who's 'young at heart' instead!

Thanks for stopping by to get a little cheer! Have a fabulous day. And get out those stamps if you can - it's just what you need to stay bright and cheerful yourself!
Toodles,
Sharon

No comments: