Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rejoicing in Christmas

Finally have a few minutes today to chat with you and share the latest card. Life's been busy around here, but I imagine all of you feel the same way. Life is just busy no matter who you are and what you're doing in your life. At least, that's what I've been hearing from so many people lately. Just the way life is. So since everyone is so busy, let's do something simple today.

One of my very favoritest stamp sets right now is the Rejoicing in Christmas set. Very simple with clean lines and words that fit nicely. I seem to be stuck on the blue and white color scheme for the set lately. Maybe next time I'll work on a different color scheme altogether and see how I like it.

Stamps: Rejoicing in Christmas
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Naturals Ivory. and Very Vanilla, with Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper
Ink: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, and Crumb Cake
Accessories: Big Shot with Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and Top Note Die, Antique Brads, Gold Lame' Pearlized Accent Paint, and Victoria Crochet Trim

Sponging the edges and embossed areas on the Naturals Ivory layer adds so much depth and contrast to the embossed layer. The Top Note layer was trimmed about 1/3 off because there simply wasn't enough room for the whole piece, and the image filled the smaller piece nicely. I didn't do any coloring on the image except for adding the Gold Lame' halos. That seemed to be all it needed to draw attention to it.

The little snippet of crochet trim was sponged with Marina Mist to give it a touch of color. And I love the small Antique Brad as an accent on the side. It is just the right accent piece for the card.

Hope you like this idea. I've got more ideas floating around up there in the gray matter, just haven't had time to see how they look in reality. Hopefully later today I'll have a little more time for stamping. Thanks for stopping by.
Sharon

No comments: