Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Get Well Owl

While at church on Sunday, we prayed for several people I know that have been ill. Thought it was time to get another batch of get-well cards made as my stash was pretty well depleted. I wanted an idea that would be quick and also could be used for either a man or woman. I think this little card is just the thing I needed and was quite happy with the results. What do you think??


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White, and Basic Black, with Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper

Ink: Early Espresso

Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 2-Step Owl Punch, 2-Step Bird Punch, and Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon








Well, I think I nailed the card on all the guidelines I set - quick and simple, gender neutral. And I replenished my stash of cards for the near future too! Now I hope nobody is in need of one of these cards for awhile. It's nice having them on hand, but I feel bad when I have the need for them!


I just have to mention how much I like the Elegant Soiree DSP that's used here. That little hint of Baja Breeze on the DSP really makes it cute. And the paper design makes it look like feathers! Just the perfect paper design for these little owls.


Hope you enjoyed this idea. Thanks for stopping by. You know I really appreciate all of your comments. (especially you Rhonda - you always make me smile!) Have a terrific week. And the grandbaby is awake so it's time to get back to work!!
Hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Absolutely perfect paper for the owl! Great card!