Monday, June 16, 2014

Work of Art Take 2

Hey, I promised there would be a series of cards using the fabulous new Work of Art stamp set, and here I am with the 2nd in the series.  This time I'm focusing in on the large swoosh of color type of stamp.  Hmm, did that last sentence even make sense?  Oh well, keep reading and check out the card and it will probably make sense.  If not, boy, guess I'm not thinking straight today.  Let's check it out...

Stamps:  Work of Art, World of Dreams, and A Dozen Thoughts
Ink:  Island Indigo, Mossy Meadow, and Stazon Jet Black
Paper:  Island Indigo, Mossy Meadow, and Whisper White
Accessories:  Corner Rounder, and that's it

In case you haven't noticed, this is a really simple card to make.  Although 3 different stamp sets were used, the sentiment and black silhouette stamps are interchangeable with so many different stamp sets.  So that means you could do this idea in a million or more different versions depending on colors and stamps used.  Now what could be more versatile than that?

I've actually done this card using the retired Midnight Muse and Gumball Green ink and it ends up being a little brighter.  The Mossy Meadow is a yummy green, but a little on the dark side for this card.  Hmmm I might just try making it again using Old Olive with the Island Indigo.  What do you think?  And what other color combos should I try??  What about fall colors and maybe the tall weedy looking stamp from the same World of Dreams set???  Yes, I think the options might just be endless!

That's it for today.  Glad you stopped in to see what's new.  Come on back for the rest of the series.  You might just decide you need to own this stamp set too!  You can always order it (or anything else!) directly from me.  I'd be happy to help you out.  Have fun stamping!       Sharon

No comments: