Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Work of Art #3

Ok, I'm back with the latest idea using the new Work of Art stamp set.  In case you haven't figured it out yet, I just love this set and all the fun things that can be done with it.  Today, we're going back to an idea that's similar to the first version I shared.

Stamps:  Work of Art and Yippee-Skippee!
Ink:  Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Garden Green, and Pool Party
Paper:  Pool Party and Whisper White
Accessories:  Subtles Candy Dots, and Lg Corner Rounder(ret)
This is actually the first card idea I tried out with the new set as soon as I got my little hands on it.  I had seen something online using the wider swoosh as a sun and I just went from there.  The sun is actually stamped 3 times to get this look.  The overlapping of the stamping doesn't seem to be a problem with the look because everything else also has multiple overlapping going on too.

The flower is the squiggle stamped 3-4 times with a lot of overlap.  The stem is just stamped once, but the leaf is the heart stamped twice and overlapped in the center.  Isn't that a cute idea?

I love this sentiment from the Yippee-Skippee! stamp set.  It just says it all!  And it doesn't have to fit any special day - just any day will do fine!  I think it makes a perfect thinking of you type of card.  I mean, wouldn't it add a little bit of 'happy' to your day if this came in the mail to you?  I'd love to get something besides bills in my mail.  (grin)

Ok, enough editorializing here.  Time to get this posted today.  Thanks for stopping in today.  Hope you're enjoying this series as much as I am.  Have a great day!         Sharon

No comments: