Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Rev Up

It's the last time to share a card using the "Rev Up The Fun" stamp set that is retired.  I'm so sorry to see it leave the line-up as it's a great card both for men and teens.  My 4 year old grandson likes it too.  He stamped up a few sheets of paper for his own race cars!  The card I have to share with you is from last week's class.  It was pretty much a class to say goodbye to colors and stamps that would no longer be available.   So here goes...

 Stamps:  Rev Up The Fun
Ink:  Real Red and Basic Gray pads, Real Red and Bermuda Bay markers
Paper: Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, and Whisper White, with I Am Me Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Circle Collection Framelits, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Neutrals and Brights Candy Dots, and Paper Snips
 I used the colors from the DSP to decide the card colors.  I loved all the arrows in the DSP to suggest movement on the card.  The tire tracks fit nicely on the punched white layer and the sentiment fit perfectly underneath them.  The Candy Dots were just added for fun.

Everyone seemed to like this card even though they had to cut out the card!  Yes, I know we're all getting spoiled by all the wonderful punches and framelits that do all the work for us!!  But sometimes you just need to get out those snips and do some fussy cutting to make the card perfect.

This card was made earlier in the month when we got together to make cards for the military.  I chose to use a combination of Whisper White,  Pacific Point, and Smoky Slate.  The Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder was used to give the background some interest.  (Guess I really like arrows and Candy Dots with this stamp set, don't I ?)

Anyway, there you go for today's share - and it's a two-fer-one deal at that!  Hope you have this set already because it's totally sold out.  Bummer!   Thanks for stopping in today to see what's new.  (or old, I guess)  I have more coming up later in the week, so come on back again.        Happy stamping,   Sharon

No comments: