Monday, May 12, 2014

Daughter's Mothers Day Card

Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day yesterday.  My daughter and I decided that we'd postpone our celebration for a couple of weeks as the entire weekend was spent getting started on this huge playscape they are building in our backyard.  I'll try to get some pics to show you the project!  The neighbors have all been by to comment on it and wonder when we're moving into our new house!  Did I mention that it's huge!?  Anyway, we'll get to our special dinner in the future, but we did exchange cards, so I can share with you the card I made for her.

 Stamps:  Wildflower Meadow, and non-SU! sentiment
Ink:  Calypso Coral
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Basic Black, and Naturals White
Accessories:  Big Shot and Wildflower Meadow Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals, and retired fabric brad from previous catalog
I haven't shared anything using this coordinating stamp and embossing folder yet.  But that doesn't mean I don't like them, or use them!  In fact I made some cards for the military using the combo just recently.  Since the stamp is so large, it's easy to make a bundle of cards very quickly and easily.  Just stamp the full image,  line it up in the embossing folder, and voila!   It looks fabulous!  The skinny layered black is a great accent to give the card a little contrast from all the Calypso Coral.

I didn't have a Mother's Day stamp that I liked for this card, so I borrowed one from a friend that fit perfectly.  And the little fabric brad was just the right finishing touch for the card.  It was fancier than a button, so it even dressed up the card a little bit more.

Thanks for stopping in to see what's new.  Hope to have more to share tomorrow.     Sharon

No comments: