Friday, January 18, 2013

Sneak Peek Vintage Phone Booths

To be very honest with you, this set, Feeling Sentimental, was not one of the first Sale-a-bration sets I had considered getting.  But you know how it goes.  You see what someone else has made with it and you just have to have it right now!!   In this case, my sister Connie showed me this fabulous card she made and I knew it was a winner.  So I followed her instructions and made my own card.  When I finished making it, I was impressed.  Connie - this card is even classier in person than in a photo!  Thanks for sharing.  Now, are you ready for this?  You're gonna love it too!

Stamps:  Feeling Sentimental
Ink:  Real Red and Stazon Jet Black
Paper:  Glossy White, Basic Black, and Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot with Honeycomb TIEF, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
Considering the number of materials and tools needed to make this card, it's quite simple.  But it really packs a punch because of the many textures and layers used here.  One of my new favorite tools is the Honeycomb embossing folder.  It leaves such clean, crisp lines and is generic enough to be used on many different cards.

Glossy white cardstock was used for the card base so the embossing on the card looks like white ceramic tiles.  Really kind of a cool look.

With the three image panels being long and skinny, I liked the look of the ribbon cutting across them and bringing them together. The added border-punched strip just finishes it all off nicely.  Again Connie, you came up with a winner here.  You sure convinced me that I needed this set.  I hope it will convince others that it's just what they want too!

Thanks for stopping in today.  Hope you got a bit of inspiration here.  Check back soon for more goodies.  Hugs,  Sharon

No comments: