Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hearts and DSP Card

Back on January 2nd, I mentioned making a card for card class this month that resulted in a left over paper-pieced heart too pretty to throw away. At that time, I shared an idea to use up those extra hearts.   So I thought today I'd share the original card idea that produced these left over hearts.  The idea comes straight out of the 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! Catalog.  Just check out the top of page 180 and there's the card.  Oh yeah, I did change a few items, like colors, stamps, accessories, etc.  This is one of the cards I chose for my January class - a softer version of your regular Valentine.  Anyway, here's my version of a SU! Catalog card... 

Stamps:  Delightful Dozen
Ink:  Primrose Petals
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Primrose Petals, More Amore' Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Hearts Framelits, Primrose Petals Stitched Ribbon, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Jewels Basic Rhinestones, and Dimensionals
I am absolutely lovin' this Designer Paper!  The colors are wonderful together and the prints are just plain fun!   Since I wanted to showcase the DSP, the focal point of the card is almost plain in comparison.  I like the hearts layered on each other with no color in between.  Several ladies in class preferred to add a little Primrose Petals sponging on the edge of the smaller heart.  It's always interesting to see what "adjustments" my class ladies like to make to the projects.  Sometimes I even like their ideas better than my own.  That's one of the very best parts of stamping - sharing ideas!!

Hope you enjoyed this softer version of the normal red and white Valentine.  Go check out your catalog and see which idea you want to CASE and make your own.  Whatever you do, keep stamping and having fun being creative!    Sharon

No comments: