Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Bit Late

I thought I'd get this posted while it was still relevant, but I guess I'm a day late and a dollar short - or maybe a couple days late. I had so much fun with the two specials Stampin' Up! had for all of us the first part of January.  And if you're like me, you might have a few pieces from Sealed with Love Simply Sent Kit left over.  There's still some odds and ends left, but here's what I did with part of my left-over pieces.  Hope they give you an idea of what else you can do with it too.

Stamps:  Word Play and My Little Valentine
Ink:  Real Red
Paper:  Whisper White, Pool Party, Real Red, and 2011-2013 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (Calypso Coral stripe), and the Sealed with Love Simply Sent Kit
Accessories:   Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, Scallop Trim Corner Punch
I just love how soft and spring-like this card is!  The print from the envelope is perfect with the Pool Party layer on the card.  I just cut off the two larger flaps and made two cards like this from them.  The white sentiment layer is really the little note to go inside the envelopes in the kit.  Isn't it perfect for this little tucked-in layer on the card-front?
Instead of using the envelope as intended, I folded 3 corners inside and left one up.  I wrapped a Hershey bar with some Calypso Coral DSP, wrapped it with the included Baker's Twine, and made a little tag to tie onto it.  When finished, (the making, not the eating!), I tucked the candy bar inside the envelope pocket and tied around some of the pretty ruffled ribbon.  Pretty cute, right? 

Ok, that's it for today.  Wish I had another of these Simply Sent Kits to play with - one just wasn't enough.  Thanks for stopping in to see what's new.  I'll quit playing with 'old stuff' and get my new toys out to play with next.  Have a wonderful week.  And try to stay warm - we've been dealing with singe digit weather this week and I'm COLD!  Warm hugs, Sharon

No comments: