Friday, January 14, 2011

Lots of Hearts

Ok, I think it's officially going to be one of those days! Ooops, make that one of those weeks, or maybe even months!!!! Will I ever be able to get back on track with my life? (weak little sigh) Can you believe I actually started this post exactly one week ago today? I got as far as the title, first line, and the pictures. At that point I was interrupted by my younger sister walking in the door. My hubby had run to the airport to pick her up and I was going to do a quick post. Instead there was a phone call that had to be taken care of, a few last minute items to pack, etc., etc. Then the baby woke up and needed changing from a reeeeeally messy diaper, and feeding, and visiting with my sister, and, and...... Then it was time to leave to go an hour to pick up my older sister, then on another two hours to get farther up north for my dear aunt's viewing Friday night and then the funeral on Saturday. Definitely rushing around like a mad woman, but loved visiting with both of my sisters which doesn't happen very often. And then seeing my cousins and their children and grandchildren too - how wonderful is that?! Why do we only meet from all corners of this country when there is a funeral to attend? I enjoy spending time with my cousins so much! It's a shame we're all so very spread apart geographically.

Oh yes, on with the saga. (You can fast forward here to get to the good parts beyond the story if you want!) On the way home late afternoon on Saturday, I started feeling rather queasy. For those of you that know me personally, you're probably thinking "oh oh, car-sick"! Ah, so was I, that is until we got back to my sister's house and it was all over for me. There was no way I could go any farther at that point. I know, only another hour to get back home and into my own bed, but I just couldn't. Then my younger sister came down with the flu too!!! Oh yuck! So that was two of us that were heaving at my older sister's house. Not a pretty sight - or sound either. Sunday morning my hubby and daughter drove up there together to rescue us and drive us home again. My poor sis had to get on a plane to fly home again that afternoon, and I went straight to bed. Later that afternoon, my hubby came down with it too. This whole week has been spent just trying to feel normal again. Not exactly fun by any stretch of the imagination! Just a final update, my younger sister, hubby, and I are all doing better, and my older sister never did get the flu. Lucky for her!!

Ok, time to move on from that yucky story on to more pleasant topics. And what could be more pleasant than stamping? Today I have a different technique to share with you. When I saw this done, I was blown away with how cool it was. Hope you like it too! It's called embedded embossing. Here's what it looks like...

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, with Love Patterns Designer Series Paper (on special right now!)
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Small Heart Punch, Bit Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Stick, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals




Can you see how the punched DSP and cardstock pieces look embedded into the white cardstock layer? The look is as easy as 1, 2, 3 to achieve, but gives such a different look. Here's how you do it:

1. Punch whatever shapes you want to embed. Use a glue stick liberally to attach punched pieces to the white cardstock.

2. Enclose the white cardstock inside the embossing folder and run through the Big Shot.

3. Take out of folder and admire your work!!

Go on! Give it a try! It really is quite fabulous and I know you'll love it. After it's done, you can go ahead and add some sponging to the edges and put together in your card.

Well, that's it for today. Hope I'll be back to post again tomorrow. Stay warm, stay well, and find some time to relax with stamping!
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

So sorry to hear about your being ill, after attending a funeral and not being at home! Ugh! Glad you are better.
I love this technique! Love the sponging around the edges!