Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cheep Talk Sweet Talk

Hi there! Hope you enjoyed your weekend. I've been running around trying to catch up after being under the weather all last week. My Hostess Club ladies are meeting on Tuesday and I've been having a little trouble thinking up something cool for them to do. Guess I'll work on that again tomorrow. But in the mean time, I have a cute little card for you today that I've made up as a valentine. It certainly doesn't have to be a valentine though. By changing the sentiment, you could turn it into just about anything you needed. But since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, why not make another card to share with family or friends?

Stamps: Cheep Talk and Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, and Whisper White with Love Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, and Rose Red
Accessories: Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon







The inside of the card featured a retired sentiment from the Best Yet stamp set. I also added a partial branch on the top and one of the birds on the bottom. (I added the bird after the photo was taken. Thought it was needed!)
Tomorrow is the last day to order the Love Patterns DSP from Stampin'Up! Too bad it won't be available any more because I've been using it for everything lately. Those red and pink patterns have been coming in handy for the seasonal cards right now.
Don't you just love these cute little birds? Adding the heart between them makes them look like lovebirds. Using one bird alone just makes a card look bright and cheerful. And who can't use a little cheering up when the winter doldrums hit? The temps have been in the teens for the past week and I feel like I might never thaw out! My hubby promises the weather will warm up this week and I hope he's right.
Stay warm and stamp a card or two to brighten someone's day!
Sharon

No comments: