Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Punched Pumpkin Card

Every year I try to make at least one fall card with multiple leaves swirling around just like they are outside my window.  This year is no exception, and this is one of the cards I've made.  We got some pumpkins from the pumpkin patch and they looked so nice on the front porch.  Then came the attack of the hungry squirrels!  Oh my, what a mess!  Maybe I should make a card that's half eaten like the real pumpkins on my porch - NOT. 

Stamps:  Fall Fest, Good Greetings
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White with Color Me Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot with Fun Fall Framelits, Decorative Dots TIEF, Extra Large Oval Punch, Mossy Meadow Stitched Ribbon, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals

This is an easy card to make because of the stamp set and Framelits that coordinate so you don't have to hand-cut all the fun leaves.  That makes it so easy to have those leaves swirling about in the wind.

For this card I punched three ovals, embossed them, sponged them, then made them into a pumpkin.  Just love these types of pumpkins!  So fun and simple.  The stem on this pumpkin isn't a bit of cardstock like I normally would use.  Instead it's a short length of ribbon knotted and tucked under the pumpkin.  Easy peasy with a little added interest.

The sentiment is from the Good Greetings set that Hostesses can earn free with a $300 party.  This is above and beyond the regular benefits.  But there's a catch - the offer is good only until the end of October.  Let me know if I can help you plan a quick party, even a book party, so you can take advantage of this offer!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you liked this clean and simple card idea.   Sharon

No comments: