Friday, November 1, 2013

Easy Christmas #6

Yes, it is really November 1st already and that means the Christmas craze has officially started.   So let's get going!   Okay, continuing on with our Christmas ideas, I have another quick card for you today.  This card uses the lovely colors Pool Party and Smoky Slate together along with the Winter Frost Specialty Designer Paper.  These colors are so soft and pretty together.  They remind me of the cool, crisp winter days with a bit of snow thrown in for good measure.  Here's what I mean.....

Stamps:  Festive Flurry and Christmas Messages
Ink:  Smoky Slate
Paper:  Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, and Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Festive Flurry Framelits, Stylish Stripes TIEF,  Decorative Label Punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and Dimensionals
Doesn't this have the look of a cool, crisp, winter day?  When you have all the tools to make this card, it's so easy to put it together.  I don't know what I would have done this fall without having the Festive Flurry stamp set and coordinating Framelits set.  And on top of that you get a discount when you get them together in a bundle.  Now, that's the way to shop!!

I debated about using the Northern Flurry TIEF for the Pool Party layer, but liked the look of the diagonal stripes better.  You could also use more rhinestones on the die-cut snowflake, but I liked the clean and simple look with just the single rhinestone in the center of the snowflake.  I think this would fall under the 'less is more' theory here.  But if you go for this idea, you can make any changes you would like.  That's the fun of making your own cards, right?!

That's it for today.  There's more to come, so check back in soon.  Hope you're having a great week.  And yes, I think I need to say TGIF!!  Have a good one...         Sharon

No comments: