Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Another Birthday Cupcake

I don't know where the days have gone, but it's almost Easter and I'm soooo far behind again. Yikes, gotta get a move on!! I do have a soft and pretty birthday card to share with you today. And it has a cupcake on it, of course! I just love all the different cupcake choices at the bakery nowadays, so I keep stamping birthday cards with them! Yummy! Ok, so this one probably wouldn't taste too good, but it looks yummy anyway! Here's how it's made...

Stamps: Easy Events
Cardstock: Very Vanilla and Baja Breeze, with Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper(SAB)
Ink: Basic Black and Sahara Sand
Accessories: Big Shot with Scallop Circle #2 Die, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, AquaPainter, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Brights Brads, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and Dimensionals

First off, I need to apologize for sharing a card using the no-longer-available-but-still-gorgeous Everyday Enchantment DSP. I'm glad I was able to get an extra pack of this lovely paper, so I'll be able to continue using it for my personal enjoyment. I'm sooooo very happy about that, cuz I love it!! But you could use any two vintage-looking coordinating prints to make this card. Just keep the colors soft to get the same look.

Did you notice the paper piecing on the cupcake liner? I stamped the cupcake on a snippet of DSP and cut out just the liner part to add to the card. Cute, isn't it? To make the cherry on top, I used a Real Red brad. Easy peasy. Then to make that frosting look even yummier, I just added a swirl of 2-Way Glue Pen to it and sprinkled it with love in the form of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. Almost good enough to eat, but not quite. I think I still prefer the real thing!

Have a wonderful week! Enjoy all the prep to get ready for Easter. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with an Easter card for any of you last minute ladies out there. Hmmm, or am I the only one??? Sharon

No comments: