Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year End Thoughts

Here it is, the day before the end of 2010. What a year it's been. So many ups and downs, twists and turns. But all in all it's been a good year for us here. Of course our greatest blessing has been our little grandson that we love dearly. Thought you'd like to see how much he's grown in 7 months, so here's a pic with him and his proud grandpa. My sister got him the plushy Santa suit and he looked just adorable. Don't you agree? For some reason he was the center of attention throughout the day, and he seemed to really enjoy it!



OK, on with something to share with you. Each year I have customers that want a gift certificate for a friend or family member. And each year I come up with one that I make from scratch. (I also make birthday and thank you certificates, but that's for another time! ) Since everyone probably has received their gift certificates by now, I figured it would be safe to share and not mess up the surprise.

This year I chose to use the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper for the main theme of the certificates. The prints were all very cute and playful, but there really wasn't a problem deciding which one I wanted to use. The print with the trees and birds fit the size of my certificate very well, so that's what I chose. Here's a picture of one that I'm sharing with you...

Stamps: Occasional Quotes (hostess) and A Cute Christmas

Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, and Candy Cane Christmas DSP
Ink: Wild Wasabi
Accessories: 1/4" Circle Punch, Designer Label Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Bone Folder, and Dimensionals

The holly leaves were punched with the small oval punch, then trimmed up with Paper Snips. I don't have a holly punch that's the right size, but it worked out well this way anyway. The inside of the gift certificate is printed on my computer on our white cardstock, then trimmed up and layered. This all fits into a small open-end envelope that's been stamped with the trees from A Cute Christmas to match.

That's it for today. Don't know if I'll get anymore stamping in this year as we're sort of running out of time. My best wishes to each of you for a happy and healthy new year. May God bless the next year for you with pleasant surprises and many warm memories with your family and friends. Happy New Year!
Sharon

No comments: