Thursday, April 22, 2010

Take one stamp idea....

... add some fun Designer Series Papers, and what do you have??? Why multiple cards that are the same, yet different! That's what I did with this idea I'm sharing today. I wanted to make this one card in class, but it turned out that there wasn't enough of the one print of Razzleberry Lemonaid dsp that I needed. So I figured I'd change the choice of print. Well, looks like I used way more of that package of dsp than I thought I did! For each night of class, there was a different dsp print used. And these are what I came up with...
This is the original card that I planned for classes. It's still my favorite, I think. Sometimes I change my mind. Just not sure - it depends what day it is or something silly like that!
Stamps: Flower Fancy and Whimsical Wishes (retired, so sad)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo and Whisper White cardstock with Razzleberry Lemonaid Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Black and Melon Mambo pads with Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, and Garden Green markers
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Melon Mambo Polka Dot Ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 2-Way Glue Pen, and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Here it is with a different print paper. It really changes the look as far as I'm concerned. On these first two prints, the class ladies made the card as I offered it. (I did change up the sentiment for someone, but that's pretty normal during my classes.) But the last group of ladies is where they started a mini revolt and everyone was doing their own thing.
First of all, each one of them decided to use the polka dot side of the ribbon for this card. I guess they wanted more diversity in the prints that were showing.
Then one of the ladies wasn't paying attention to the directions at all and ended up stamping the flower stem 3 times. Then complained she didn't want to use the markers and huff that many times, so she used markers to color in the images directly on the cardstock. Then there was no room for the sentiment, so we used one of the Teeny Tiny Wishes, the Word Window Punch, and added the sentiment on the bottom right of the card. I wish I would have taken a picture of her finished card, because it really was cute. Not at all what I had planned, but that's the fun of stamping. Make a few changes and you have something that looks entirely different.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you find a bit of inspiration for one of your very own stamped masterpieces. Have a wonderful week!
Sharon

No comments: