Saturday, December 6, 2008

I found it!

Yes, I really did find the packets of cardstock, ribbons, and goodies that were packaged up for the calendar class on Thursday. Of course, I found it about 5 hours too late. Oh dear, some days are just too much to deal with! Now I've got to reschedule the class and find a time they can all come. Oh, I get tired just thinking about it all.

Tada!! Another mantel banner has finally been finished. It only took about a week of working on it for an hour or two a day. The worst part about making this one was that I really, really wanted a holly punch. There was no way I wanted to cut out a bunch of holly leaves and berries free-hand. No telling how bad they'd look when I got done with them! Checking around at a couple of shops, I couldn't find something that really fit the bill. So it was on to looking for dies that would work. (What did I ever do before I got my Big Shot?)Luckily there were two Sissix dies that I fell in love with. (Actually there were more than two, but that was all I could afford at the time.) You just can't have Christmas decorations with no
holly leaves and berries. So now I've got that covered for sure.

The materials used are all SU! (except the holly and berries die from Sissix)
Stamps:not a single one
Papers: Old Olive 12x12 cardstock, some Baja Breeze cardstock and lots of Holiday Treasures DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip for sponging edges
Accessories: Photo Corners Punch, Large Oval Punch, retired Snowflake Punch, Snowflake Set #2 Dies, Serif Essentials Dies, Scallop Frame w/ Holly Bigz Die, Button Bouquet (red button), Bold Brights Mini Brads, Earth Elements Mini Brads, Silver Mini Brads.
It's so much fun designing one of these. I think the next one might be just a little shorter though. This one takes up so much space that it wouldn't all fit in one picture. Let's see.... Maybe one that says "SNOW" and that's all! Considering it seems to be doing a lot of that outside... hmmmm. We'll see.
Have a great day and get outside to make those snow angels.
Hugs, Sharon

No comments: